The so called “Ragù alla Bolognese” (Bolognese sauce) is a famous italian ready made pasta sauce: many restaurants all over the world prepare it. But..what is the real italian recipe?
As a student, I have been abroad twice: the first time I have been in Netherlands to study, the second I found a work in Germany. Walking in the supermarkets, I have noticed many bottles of ready made Bolognese sauces which could kill every italian at first sight.
For this reason, I decided to share with you the original recipe. Let’s start!
– What we need
- Pork’s and Cow’s minced meat (250 g. each)
2. Carrots (25 g.)
4. Bacon (75 g.)
5. Red wine (100 ml.)
1) Put a few oil (not too much!) in a pot with sliced onions and carrots (you can also add celery if you have it).
2) Add the bacon (if possible, cut it in really small pieces).
3) Cook them for around 10 minutes under low heat.
4) Add the two different types of meat and cook them for other 10 minutes. The meat will release some water. When the water is finished, add some red wine to continue cooking.
5) When there’s no wine anymore, add the tomato sauce and 0,5 liters of water.
6) When the water will be gone, add other 0,5 liters and wait again the water to evaporate.
7) Your ragù is ready! You can also add some pepper if you like it!
P.S. the real recipe would be “Tagliatelle alla Bolognese“, but it could be difficult to find this kind of pasta abroad. Try to look for it!
Interested in other cheap and tasty recipes? you can find them here!
If you want to know how to prepare a real italian Carbonara, click here!